All too often I see people in the gym chugging away on their cardio equipment looking MISERABLE. Not to say cardio is bad (I do it regularly, and I also don’t love it), but my point is, working out doesn’t have to be a horrible chore. You shouldn’t workout because you hate your body, or you think you ate too much. It’s not a punishment that has to be endured 3 or 4 or 5 times per week.
There are SOOO many options…
- classes: spin, yoga, pilates, barre, zumba, TRX, bootcamp, BodyPump…..
- videos: bootcamp, pilates, yoga, circuits
- traditional weightlifting/bodybuilding, powerlifting
- running (indoor, outdoor, distance, sprints, HIIT)
- walking, jogging, jump-roping…
Ok my point is there are a lot of options. Exercising should be part of a healthy lifestyle- something that enhances your life, gives you a little endorphin rush, and heck- maybe something FUN. I realize that not everyone enjoys working out, but it’s so much more easy to incorporate into your life if it’s something you don’t hate….Just some food for thought on this Wednesday.
I never would have imagined I’d fall in love with weight lifting, but I am sure glad I tried it. You never know until you try. 😉