Every once in a while, a good sweaty circuit workout is just what I need. It’s short and effective. This one uses basic movements with little equipment and could be done at home with a couple of dumbbells.
*note: DB= dumbbell
Please consult a physician before beginning a new workout program.
Happy Hump Day! Here’s a nice little leg/booty/ab circuit that will get you sweating. You can repeat a certain number of times (3 or 4) or just keep going for 20 or 30 minutes! Don’t forget to properly warm up, cool down, and then stretch out those legs.
The pre-workout routine is almost as important as the workout itself. It’s necessary to be fueled properly and ready to go in order to have an efficient workout. Here are my pre-workout essentials.
- Music. I have my playlists loaded on Spotify. Check them out here. Music is a must for busting out a workout! Don’t forget your earbuds and charged phone!
- Pre-workout fuel. My workout time varies, but I always eat first. If it’s super early I’ll have a little fruit, otherwise I will go after breakfast or lunch (depending on the day). I am not one of those people who can workout on an empty stomach!
- Supplements. There are times a pre-workout is needed! I have had success with C4 and the NLA for Her pre-workout. Other reputable supplements can be found here and here.
- Workout. I always have a plan before I enter the gym. I store my strength workouts in the Jefit app. When doing cardio I will decide on intervals vs steady state, inclines, etc. while in the gym, but other than that my workouts are generally planned out. When I first started working out, I’d load workouts straight from bodybuilding.com workout plans, but now I plan them myself. If I’m in a rut, I’ll take ideas from other bloggers or fitness professionals to add some variety.
- Post-workout fuel. Last, if I know I’m going straight from the gym to work or to run errands, I’ll bring a snack to have afterwards. Right now my favorite thing is berries with cottage cheese topped with cinnamon and stevia.
What’s your pre-workout routine?? Anything I’m missing?
I have tried a lot of different brands and styles of workout clothes in the past few years. Everything from $12 sports bras at Nordstrom Rack to $$ crops from Lulu. I’ve found that crops are always worth splurging on, but tanks can be inexpensive and still last a while. Here are my current faves!
Favorite tanks: the GapFit Motion Tank. The material feels expensive and washes up nicely. I wash on cold and hang dry and they have held up so well! Even better: the orange is currently on sale!
Favorite Crops: These are a splurge! I got them with a bday giftcard (thanks mom!) and they are so worth the $$$. Some cheaper crops are okay for some workouts, but I like the good quality ones for cardio and leg workouts. The in the flow crop is my current fave.
Other favorites: The define jacket have it in gray stripe (no longer available), but I want the black. Fits great, and perfect for cool mornings, and gray layering piece in the winter.
Favorite Sports bras:
This inexpensive target find is so comfy! I also am in love with this cute gap bra. It’s $40, but Gap has frequent sales. I never splurge on sports bras, but for larger chested ladies, this is an area worth splurging in!
What are your workout must-haves? Where do you shop for workout clothes at?? Have a great weekend!
Happpy Friday!!! My ultimate goal this month is to work on the weekend binge-fest… #ew One great way to combat that nasty monster is getting your workout on! You won’t want to mess up your hard work after doing this workout…promise. It’s kind of a killer, but you will feel great after! Last time I did this, it was after a treadmill circuit workout, so I only did it twice (and felt like dying), but you could use this as your whole workout and repeat as many times as your little heart desires. Here we goooooo.
Have a great weekend….I will be checking in on Monday to share how I did this weekend. I already have a date with my hubby at the gym, so that’s a good start!! Have a great weekend.
My blogging schedule (and life in general) has been cray recently, but hopefully that will be a little more back to normal now!! I wanted to share my workout playlist because there is nothing that pumps me up more than some good music when I’m working out. I used Pandora foreverrr (David guetta radio mixed with Justin Timberlake is amaze), but recently switched to Spotify, which has been a game-changer.
Everyone has different workout music taste (my husband likes rock, I like hip hop/pop), but here are some songs that get me pumped when I’m lifting! I’ve also found it’s best to have a longer playlist, so if a song I’m not feeling comes on, I can skip it (vs having a playlist that’s exactly an hour).
And my cardio playlist is much more pop-y.
Last week was my first week back to school, and I thought I had my schedule (including workouts) all figured out. I was wrong. This week will be different. I realized that most of my workouts need to be in the morning in order for me to get them done! There’s nothing I hate more than getting home when it’s dark and cold and then realizing I still need to go workout. I’d rather stay home and snuggle with my puppy #duh. So operation a.m. workout is underway…
I think I’m going to to PowerShred again. I had amazing results last time (and increased my squat by 50lbs). (for some reason it’s not on her site anymore, but other ebooks available here). This is the powershred workout schedule. It’s 6 days a week for 6 weeks and utilizes a combination of high and low rep for maximum results. I’m going to do all 6 days this week to get myself back on a schedule, but I think after that I may take out a day or 2 so I can go to a yoga or spin class.
Monday: Chest/Triceps (low rep)
Tuesday: Back/Biceps (low rep)
Wednesday: Shoulders/legs (low rep)
Thursday: Chest/Triceps (high rep)
Friday: Back/Biceps (high rep)
Saturday: Shoulders/Legs (high rep)
I’m posting here to hold myself accountable! Time to get my butt in gear. Happy Monday! Don’t forget to schedule your workouts, lay out your gym clothes, plan your meals, and plan your workouts for greater success and better results!