The best sale of the year is here…the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. A million bloggers are picking their fall faves, but true to form- I’m focusing on the fitness outfits! There are some GREAT finds this year, including multiple pairs of nikes (!) …. check it out!
Happy shopping and have a great weekend!
*some affiliate links used
Happy Hump Day! Here’s a nice little leg/booty/ab circuit that will get you sweating. You can repeat a certain number of times (3 or 4) or just keep going for 20 or 30 minutes! Don’t forget to properly warm up, cool down, and then stretch out those legs.
With the crazy hot temps this summer, a cold drink is essential. Lemonade can be kind of a calorie bomb, so this is a tasty alternative. It’s super easy to throw together for a 4th of July BBQ as well.
For each glass of limeade, you will need:
Handful of strawberries
Juice of 1 lime
1 stevia packet
8-12 oz water
You can either puree the strawberries, lime juice, and stevia or simply mash them together. If you are making a large batch (or don’t like “chunks”), I recommend blending or pureeing.
Somehow we are half way through 2015!!! SO crazy. This is a good time to check in and see if you are on track to accomplishing what you wanted to this year. If you wrote down your New Years Resolutions, have a look at them, otherwise just evaluate where you are at [personally, professionally, physically….]
If you aren’t making progress or heading in the direction you want, only YOU have the power to drive your life in a different direction. Now ask yourself, where do you want to be on January 1, 2016???? What do you want to be the same? Different?
For me it’s been a crazy but fun year! I am half way done with grad school, we got our puppy who is now a (n obnoxious but cute) member of the family, almost done with my Masters Project, took a couple trips to CA, and finally- started a new job that I am so happy with! Going forward, I want to be sure I’m focussed on a couple financial goals I had set at the beginning of the year, and make sure I am continuing to make exercise a priority.
I know I said it before, but I really love this time of year…the temps are crazy this week, but I am so excited for the 4th of July. I want to make sure I’m soaking up as much of the summer as possible before heading into an insane fall semester.
Have a great month!
The pre-workout routine is almost as important as the workout itself. It’s necessary to be fueled properly and ready to go in order to have an efficient workout. Here are my pre-workout essentials.
- Music. I have my playlists loaded on Spotify. Check them out here. Music is a must for busting out a workout! Don’t forget your earbuds and charged phone!
- Pre-workout fuel. My workout time varies, but I always eat first. If it’s super early I’ll have a little fruit, otherwise I will go after breakfast or lunch (depending on the day). I am not one of those people who can workout on an empty stomach!
- Supplements. There are times a pre-workout is needed! I have had success with C4 and the NLA for Her pre-workout. Other reputable supplements can be found here and here.
- Workout. I always have a plan before I enter the gym. I store my strength workouts in the Jefit app. When doing cardio I will decide on intervals vs steady state, inclines, etc. while in the gym, but other than that my workouts are generally planned out. When I first started working out, I’d load workouts straight from bodybuilding.com workout plans, but now I plan them myself. If I’m in a rut, I’ll take ideas from other bloggers or fitness professionals to add some variety.
- Post-workout fuel. Last, if I know I’m going straight from the gym to work or to run errands, I’ll bring a snack to have afterwards. Right now my favorite thing is berries with cottage cheese topped with cinnamon and stevia.
What’s your pre-workout routine?? Anything I’m missing?
I have tried a lot of different brands and styles of workout clothes in the past few years. Everything from $12 sports bras at Nordstrom Rack to $$ crops from Lulu. I’ve found that crops are always worth splurging on, but tanks can be inexpensive and still last a while. Here are my current faves!
Favorite tanks: the GapFit Motion Tank. The material feels expensive and washes up nicely. I wash on cold and hang dry and they have held up so well! Even better: the orange is currently on sale!
Favorite Crops: These are a splurge! I got them with a bday giftcard (thanks mom!) and they are so worth the $$$. Some cheaper crops are okay for some workouts, but I like the good quality ones for cardio and leg workouts. The in the flow crop is my current fave.
Other favorites: The define jacket have it in gray stripe (no longer available), but I want the black. Fits great, and perfect for cool mornings, and gray layering piece in the winter.
Favorite Sports bras:
This inexpensive target find is so comfy! I also am in love with this cute gap bra. It’s $40, but Gap has frequent sales. I never splurge on sports bras, but for larger chested ladies, this is an area worth splurging in!
What are your workout must-haves? Where do you shop for workout clothes at?? Have a great weekend!
Happy Monday! I LOVE when the 1st of the month is on a Monday. It feels like such a fresh start to the month. This month I’m looking forward to visiting Santa Barbara with my family and naturally I’ll be laying on the beach. Can’t wait.
With the crazy summer months upon us, I thought I’d share a little reminder that your workouts don’t have to take place in the gym! Go for a hike or a walk on the beach, do yoga in your backyard, swim laps at your hotel, go paddle boarding in the ocean. Fitness should add to your life, not be the focus of your life. It’s also important to remember that you feel better when you are working out (versus skipping your workouts entirely). Sometimes I need this reminder.
Have a great month!