Cold weather has officially hit SLC, and man it’s chilly out there! Especially in the mornings. I’ve had to revamp my workout gear, because a little jacket isn’t enough to run through the gym parking lot without freezing my tush off. I haven’t done a gym bag post in a while, so I thought I’d share what I’m loving.
Half-zip: Layers are key. I’ll usually layer a light jacket like this under my gigantic Lands End Parka….
Favorite sports bra: I LOVE this gap sports bra. I definitely plan on picking up some more come Black Friday 😉
Favorite head phones: I have the Beats Solos and I love them. They honestly get me super pumped when I’m working out. I actually got these for my hubby for Christmas last year, but they were too small for his ears so they are mine now 😉 So FYI- if you’re shopping for a man, they might need the bigger ones. [another Black Friday note, per Target’s BF preview, they’ll have these for $99 I believe]
Leggings: I got these lined leggings on a whim at Costco for $16.99 and I am in LOVE. So freaking warm. I usually wear these full length fleece lined leggings into the gym, then change into my normal lulus or gap or whatever leggings. Keeps my legs warm, but I don’t want them dripping in sweat while I workout. Then I can change back if I need to after. Proof that leggings less that $100 can be awesome! (I’m looking at you Lululemon) But For some reason I still want these damn wunder unders….
Uggs: yes, you read that right. I wear uggs into the gym and change when I get there. 20 degrees is no joke.
Gym Bag: I’m still using the one from this post, but I reealllly want this lulu bag. 😉
facial wipes– these Costco ones are my new fave.
What are your gym bag must-haves? Anything you can’t live without?
Happy Hump Day!!
Happy Friday!! The school year is getting busy, other than that, nothing too exciting going on…Here are a few favorites from this week…
1. Questbars- my favorite will always and forever be white chocolate raspberry. yumm. The other ones are for my husband (8 for me, 4 for you…sounds fair, right?) These are the perfect snack to bring with me to class. My classes are at an awkward time in the evening, so I always end up having a late dinner, and these babies keep me full till then.
2. Even though Fall weather has not entered Utah yet (#globalwarming) I’m still loving the start of pumpkin season. These pumpkin pancakes are TO DIE FOR.
3. On that note…since the weather hasn’t really changed (although rain is in the forecast, so fingers crossed) I haven’t been able to pull out any of my fall stuff! And I really haven’t been able to justify buying anything for the cold weather….it will just make me sad seeing it sit in my closet. But I thought this pullover from the Gap was adorable!
4. I’m still obsessed with this sports bra [also from the gap]. I think I’m going to get it in another color. So comfy and the cut is so flattering!
5. And finally, my Precision Nutrition books came! So excited for this nutrition certification.
What’s on your radar this week? Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday! Now that it’s September, the weather is changing a bit- cooler mornings and evenings (which I don’t mind at all). Perfect workout weather… So if you need some motivation to get your sweat on, what’s better than new workout gear?! 😉 I thought I’d share some recent faves from the Gap. Their workout gear is amazing quality and super comfy! I hit a great sale last weekend for Labor Day and picked up a few things (but their sales are frequent, so don’t worry). Here are a few more on my wish list.
Sports Bra: This is one of the items I picked up and I love it! Such a cute design, and a great fit.
Motion Tank: These are the softest material- they feel like the Lulu Tanks, but half the price! I haven’t bought one yet, but I plan to soon. They also make long-sleeved shirts in the same material, which will be great for winter.
Jacket: Looks so warm and comfy! Perfect for wearing to the gym for an early morning workout.
Leggings: I have the capri version of these and they are so comfortable and flattering. I love this color for fall.
Striped Tee: I picked up a neon version (sans stripes) on super sale and it is such great quality. I don’t usually like short sleeves when I work out, but this was super breathable. So now I want it with stripes, naturally 😉
Stripe-Waist Capris: Again, these remind me of Lulu crops, but way cheaper! So cute!
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday! How in the world is it already Labor Day weekend?! I had an amazing summer (and I love fall) ,but I’m not ready to say goodbye to the warm weather!!
1. What I’m Reading: Still Reading Sugar Fat Salt. It’s a great read. Very interesting. It’s suddenly making sense why food marketing to children (in particular) is so persuasive- Tobacco companies own half the food industry. Also just got a notification that my hold at the library is ready- So I’ll be starting #girlboss, which I’m excited about.
2. Workouts: Sticking with my workout schedule. Also been getting lots of extra walking in around campus, which I love. This week so far I’ve done back/bis, HIIT, chest/tris, rest day, and this weekend I’m hoping to hit up a spin class! I also need to start doing my cardio outside while I still can.
[first pic was beginning of Aug, second pick 2 weeks later, 3rd pic was yesterday]
3. Eating: Sticking with flexible dieting and it’s working like a little charm. I’m bummed I was too stubborn to try it before, but hey! It’s working now. 🙂 I’ve noticed a lot of change in my stomach. Also noticed I’m getting stronger (thanks to my good friends, carbs). I got a bunch of Questbars to have on hand, now that school has started. These ones did not disappoint, but I think my fav is still White Chocolate Raspberry. (tip: if you don’t want to commit to one flavor of questbar, you can buy 12 at GNC and they will charge you as if it was a a box).
4. Bookmarking: I really want to try this Coconut Lime Raspberry Chia Pudding from Skinny Taste
5. Friday Finds: This broccoli from Costco was a good find this week. I love that it’s divided into steamable bags.
I haven’t tried the Zella brand yet, but this jacket is adorable! On sale this weekend at Nordstrom!
Happy 3 day weekend! I’m looking forward to spending some quality time with my hubby in Park City this weekend. 🙂
Happy Hump Day! I started classes yesterday, so I thought I’d share a few of my favorites for back to school…and you don’t really have to be in school to enjoy them 😉
Longchamp Bag: Perfect size for toting the essentials (plus some extras), but it’s not so big that it gets super heavy. [back pain from heavy purses is real] Annnnd, it’s water proof aka perfect for rain/snow.
Sharpie Pens: My absolute favorite pens. So many cute colors, and they do not bleed!
Water bottle: It’s easy to forget to drink water when you’re on the go. Stay hydrated!
Quest bars: The best protein bar. They taste amaaaaazing. But really any of the snacks from this post will do. (and white chocolate raspberry is my jam)
Mead Notebooks: I love the 3 and 5 subject notebooks.
Planner: i LOVE me a good planner. I picked this one up from Staples, but I really want this baby and also this…. I’m kind of obsessive about mine. I use it to plan my meals, workouts, homework (obviously), bills…I love google calendar, but there’s just something about having a paper one in front of me that helps me stay organized.
Gum: no explanation. I just love gum.
SO..what are your back to school favs?
Happy Monday! The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is in full swing! Here are some of my picks for the cute fitness wear on sale. The nike selection is unreal, but these leopard prints are my fav 😉
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Any must-haves from the pre-sale?
To go along with yesterday’s post about the glorious change in seasons, I wanted to talk about some of my summertime essentials for the gym bag.
1. Shorts! I usually love Nike Pro Combats, but these are some cute Under Armor shorts I came across- so great for the summertime!
2. Water bottle! I use my 20 oz shaker bottle and take that thing everywhere, but I’ve been wanting to get one of these cute glass bottles. It is SO important to stay hydrated- especially in the hot summer months.
3. LM Oil Free tinted Moisturizer. I talked about this stuff in my beauty essentials for the gym bag post. Oil free is a necessity for summertime heat.
4. Hair ties– nothing worse than sweaty hair on your neck. yuck.
5. Sunscreen. I love this sunscreen for my body. Still looking for a good face sunscreen though (I’m thinking about trying Kiehls- I’ve loved all of their products I’ve tried). I love hiking this time of year, and it’s always smart to have this on hand!
6. A hat. I like wearing hats, but now that it’s so sunny they are an essential for keeping the sun off my face. No one wants a peeling nose!
What are your gym bag essentials this time of year??
In a perfect world I’d have a closet full of Lululemon and every color of Nike frees available…sadly that just isn’t real life. But that doesn’t mean I hit the gym looking frumpy….here are my favorite places for cute (and quality) gym wear.
[1. 2. 3. 4. 5.]
- Target. (Duh.) The C9 by Champion line is surprisingly great quality
- Forever 21. F21 is always great for cheap thrills, but I’m honestly shocked by their workout gear. It’s cheap, colorful, and (again, surprisingly good) quality. What more could you want?
- Aerie by American Eagle. Cute and comfy fabrics. And their sports bras are on sale right now for $15!
- Nordstrom Rack. Sadly they don’t have a website, but they have great brands (Nike, Zella, Adidas, Reebock…) for super cheap. Also, check out their Nike selection in the shoe aisle!
- TjMaxx, Marshalls, Ross…like The rack they have great brands for cheap! You can also find yoga mats, gym bags, etc for a steal.
- Nike Outlet. For some reason the prices on clothes aren’t great at my outlet, but the shoe selection is killer!
(1. 2. 3. 4. )
Where you do like to shop for workout clothes? Any great tips or new finds? Happy weekend and happy shopping!
I’m heading to California tomorrow for Spring Break with my family. I thought I’d give a few packing tips that have helped me to avoid packing
my whole closet too much. Since my husband and I live in Utah, and our families live on opposite ends of the country (California and Florida) We’ve done a bit of traveling over the past few years. I think we’ve taken at least 10 road trips together, so I’m always on the look out for efficient packing tips. While it’s tempting to over-pack “just-in-case” it’s never fun carrying a heavy bag through the airport or having your bag overflow the second it’s unzipped.
1. Make a list. Include any special activities you’ll be doing, medication you don’t want to forget, or any weather/climate- specific items (bathing suit, sunscreen, umbrella, etc). For this trip we’ll have 2 travel days, 2 days in LA, and a few days in Santa Barbara, a church outfit, day in La Jolla, etc.
2. Check the Weather. Last time we were in San Diego, the weather was much warmer than I anticipated, which unfortunately meant I was uncomfortable for a bit of the trip. (It was December and for some reason while I was standing in my closet in snowy Utah, I just couldn’t picture myself wearing a maxi dress and sandals during Christmas time…turns out I was wrong.) Look at the 10 day forecast a few days before you leave to get an idea of what temps will be.
2. Lay everything out. A day or 2 ahead, lay your outfits out including any special accessories, shoes, or bags you’ll need to bring along. If there’s anything you haven’t worn for a while- try it on! No sense in packing something that doesn’t fit well.
3 Mix and Match. Try and aim for a simple color palate so you can mix and match pieces. For this trip (and let’s be honest, most of my outfits in general) my color palate is navy and white with a few pops of color (pink and mint). This makes it easy to take outfits from day to night, beach to lunch, etc. The only thing worth bringing extrasof are underwear and basic T-shirts.
4. Toiletries. When I go to California, I usually let my hair go au natural (curly) so the hair products I bring are different from my day-to-day use. I made a list of these so I don’t forget anything.
5. Electronics. The night before, make sure you have all of your chargers prepared to be packed up with your phone, laptop, camera, ipad, etc. If you’re traveling by air, it’s also a good idea to have some movies loaded up for the airport/airplane. Or if you’re driving- make sure the car chargers are ready to go.
6. Food/supplements. No matter how I’m traveling, I like to have a few healthy snacks prepped. We will be taking a little cooler this time so it is possible to have things like Chobani yogurts, sandwiches, etc. That’s not always the case though, and if no cooler is available easy snacks include pirates booty or popcorn, apple slices, carrot and celery sticks. We usually stop at Subway on the way to California …and of course, Hot Tamales are a must for me on road trips. As for supplements, I will be bringing my probiotics and fish oil, and I’m sure my husband will be bringing along some protein powder.
It can be difficult to shop for sports wear- without giving the “you need to work out more” vibe. But these gifts are sure to be used often for the fit girl in your life…
1. Nike Hat from Nordstrom–To cover bed head or work out in disguise…
2. Yoga Mat from Lululemon– Get sweaty without slipping all over your mat.
3. Metallic Gym Bag from Lululemon (silver no longer available online) Because there’s not a cuter gym bag available anywhere else…
4. Nike Half-Zip from Nordstrom to keep her warm until her warm up is over.
5. Polar Ft4 Heartrate Monitor watch in Bronze from Amazon– once again metallic wins. (i’ve been wanting one of these for ages.)
6. Nike Free TR Fit 3 from Nordstrom– because you can never have enough nikes.