1. What I’m Reading: Finished 2 books this past week- Unlimited by Jillian Michaels (highly recommend) and on the opposite end of the Spectrum- Uganda be Kididng Me by Chelsea Handler. It was a hilarious/quick read. I’d recommend it as a pool read. Just be prepared to laugh out loud. This week I started Anthony Robins- Unlimited Power… so far so good. Kind of hard to “get into”, but really good info nonetheless.
*sidenote- I guess UNLIMITEDis the word of the week.
Into the Gloss- Miranda Kerr’s 7 Rules for Adulthood
She seems so charming! I loved her advise in regards to health and forgiveness. Beautifully said. “Health is wealth” I love that. So true.
And in case you missed it- my IIFYM experiment is underway.
2. What I’m Eating:
Lately I’ve been going crazy for veggies in my eggs in the morning. I start by sauteeing peppers, red onion, and grape tomato. Then I add in 2 eggs + 1 egg white, a cheese stick, sliced up. Badda-bing. Even better with some hot sauce on top. Can’t beat it. AND it’s only abut 230 calories with 23 g protein. BOOM. I love starting the day with some veggies. It’s easier for me to eat enough if I start in the morning and spread them out throughout the day.
3. What I’m listening to: I’m still Stuck on my Lana Del Ray Pandora station.I am loving this song though.
4. What I’m bookmarking:
I love peanut butter. and I LOVE Rice Krispies. These are a must-try. Jasmine is amazing.
5. Looking forward to: The beautiful weekend! My brothers will be visiting soon and I’m so excited. And as much as I don’t ever want summer to end, I am super excited to go back to school in a few weeks!
Happy Weekend 🙂
With this hot weather, I’m craving salads and smoothies (and lots of watermelon). I thought I’d round up a little list of delish looking salads from my Pinterest Board. We are hitting up the first weekend of the Summer Farmer’s Market (!) on Saturday, so I’m excited to put together a salad with some fresh greens.
This little beauty from How Sweet It Is.
Chopped Thai Chicken Salad from Pinch of Yum. Peanut sauce is one of my favorite things on the planet. #yum
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad from Closet Cooking. This flavor combo is right up my alley. So fresh for a light summer lunch.
This beauty makes me want to get a spiralizer ASAP. SkinnyTaste never fails to impress.
And I can’t pass up a watermelon salad 😉 Watermelon & Spinach with feta? Sign me up. Recipe via Cozy Country Living.
Any must-try salads on your weekend menu? (or Pinterest boards?)
In a perfect world I’d have a closet full of Lululemon and every color of Nike frees available…sadly that just isn’t real life. But that doesn’t mean I hit the gym looking frumpy….here are my favorite places for cute (and quality) gym wear.
[1. 2. 3. 4. 5.]
- Target. (Duh.) The C9 by Champion line is surprisingly great quality
- Forever 21. F21 is always great for cheap thrills, but I’m honestly shocked by their workout gear. It’s cheap, colorful, and (again, surprisingly good) quality. What more could you want?
- Aerie by American Eagle. Cute and comfy fabrics. And their sports bras are on sale right now for $15!
- Nordstrom Rack. Sadly they don’t have a website, but they have great brands (Nike, Zella, Adidas, Reebock…) for super cheap. Also, check out their Nike selection in the shoe aisle!
- TjMaxx, Marshalls, Ross…like The rack they have great brands for cheap! You can also find yoga mats, gym bags, etc for a steal.
- Nike Outlet. For some reason the prices on clothes aren’t great at my outlet, but the shoe selection is killer!
(1. 2. 3. 4. )
Where you do like to shop for workout clothes? Any great tips or new finds? Happy weekend and happy shopping!
Currently Working On: Well, I finished my grad school app this past week. It’s all submitted and I’m extremely nervous (but also very excited) about it. I’ve been missing school, and I would love to be a student at the U!
Currently Anticipating: SPRING BREAK! Utah got a little tease with some warm weather this week, and then my family booked a beach house in Santa Barbara for spring break, so I’m looking forward to some warm weather and some beach time with my family!
Currently Listening To: Justin Timberlake Pandora. Currently my favorite workout station (with David Guetta added as variety. Perfection.)
Currently Annoyed By: The rain! I love a good rainy day, but it’s just rude after two gorgeous 60 degree days.
Currently Grateful For: My sweet husband. Can’t get enough of him.
Currently Reading: Blogs blogs blogs. I need to find a good book.
Currently Staying Active: I kept up with my workouts this week…I’m currently 5 for 5 and I’m planning on working out tomorrow too…It feels good after taking some time off while I was sick. Plus, spring break is coming, obviously.
Currently Craving: Brio Tuscan Grill! Our new favorite date night. I think we will be venturing there tomorrow with the nice little gift card the manager gave us on Vday.
Currently Loving: That the snow is melted! Did I mention I’m ready for some warmer weather??
Currently Would Love to Travel To: A nice warm beach!