Happy Friday! How in the world is it already Labor Day weekend?! I had an amazing summer (and I love fall) ,but I’m not ready to say goodbye to the warm weather!!
1. What I’m Reading: Still Reading Sugar Fat Salt. It’s a great read. Very interesting. It’s suddenly making sense why food marketing to children (in particular) is so persuasive- Tobacco companies own half the food industry. Also just got a notification that my hold at the library is ready- So I’ll be starting #girlboss, which I’m excited about.
2. Workouts: Sticking with my workout schedule. Also been getting lots of extra walking in around campus, which I love. This week so far I’ve done back/bis, HIIT, chest/tris, rest day, and this weekend I’m hoping to hit up a spin class! I also need to start doing my cardio outside while I still can.
[first pic was beginning of Aug, second pick 2 weeks later, 3rd pic was yesterday]
3. Eating: Sticking with flexible dieting and it’s working like a little charm. I’m bummed I was too stubborn to try it before, but hey! It’s working now. 🙂 I’ve noticed a lot of change in my stomach. Also noticed I’m getting stronger (thanks to my good friends, carbs). I got a bunch of Questbars to have on hand, now that school has started. These ones did not disappoint, but I think my fav is still White Chocolate Raspberry. (tip: if you don’t want to commit to one flavor of questbar, you can buy 12 at GNC and they will charge you as if it was a a box).
4. Bookmarking: I really want to try this Coconut Lime Raspberry Chia Pudding from Skinny Taste
5. Friday Finds: This broccoli from Costco was a good find this week. I love that it’s divided into steamable bags.
I haven’t tried the Zella brand yet, but this jacket is adorable! On sale this weekend at Nordstrom!
Happy 3 day weekend! I’m looking forward to spending some quality time with my hubby in Park City this weekend. 🙂
How in the world is it the end of August? School starts NEXT WEEK. So crazy. Summer always flies by for me. I am really excited for lots of new school supplies and clothes though (aren’t I always?) But if the farmer’s markets and warm evenings could stick around that would be great…
1. What I’m Reading: Just picked up Salt Sugar Fat at the library. So far it’s interesting. I’m always intrigued by how the government plays a role in health (tobacco, sugar & corn industries, etc), so I’m excited to dig into this one.
A few articles I liked this week:
13 surprising things about parenting in Turkey – a Cup of Jo. I love this series.
Jenna Lyons -beauty routine – Into the Gloss #girlcrush for sure
Asking for what you want – Design Sponge
2. Working Out: sticking with my lifting schedule, but I’ve been adding more cardio back in. I go through phases where I love to do HIIT. So while I love it, I do it haha. Schedule this week was Mon: cardio, Tues: back/bis Wed: cardio Th: chest/shoulders/tris and I plan on hitting legs and one more cardio sesh this weekend. Getting as many workouts as I can in before school starts!
3. Eating. Following IIFYM pretty diligently. Obsessing over eggs EVERYDAY. I seriously had an omlet with onions, peppers, and tomatoes for Breakfast and AGAIN Dinner yesterday. #whatiswrongiwthme I’ve always been obsessive about food- when I find something I love, I eat it everyday til I’m sick of it.
4. Bookmarking: Looking for some new dinner recipes to add to the rotation. I feel like I’m in a huge rut. I’m intrigued by the “zoodles” trend, and feel like I need a spiralizer in my life. And of course SkinnyTaste never fails to disappoint. Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles sounds perfect.
5. Friday Finds: These workout tops from Gap are SO good. Revealing a sexy back and shoulders and super flattering in front. Highly recommend. I picked up a white and the coral during Gaps Friends & Family sale a couple weeks ago. Their workout gear is such great quality, and their sales are frequent, so it’s easy to get it cheaper.
Also this guac from Costco is great. Easy on the Macros and delish! I love Costco. And portion control guac is exactly what I need haha #letsbehonest
Happy Weekend! I hope your school year starts with all the fresh school supplies you could ever dream of.
It’s no secret that I am a Costco lover, so naturally that’s where most of these items are from. Inexpensive and healthy. Can’t beat that.
Chicken Salad Cups. These babies are good on the macros and are perfect to have for lunch with some crackers and a salad or between a Sandwich Thin. Also great on their own as an afternoon snack.
Muscle Milk Light boxes. These are so convenient. I’ve been drinking them on and off for a few months and I love them. They taste great and I don’t have to worry about mixing protein with water after my workout.(Recently purchased on sale for $22.99)
Kirkland Grilled Chicken Strips. We got kind of sick of chicken after eating it so often. These are perfect because I don’t have to cook the chicken and reheat it (which I think tastes disgusting), and they are great to throw in a salad or a wrap for lunch. [And yes, a batch of these were recalled back in the spring, but they are fine now]
Frozen Pineapple Chunks. These are amazing. They taste fresher than canned pineapple, and the consistency they give smoothies is amazing. There is also a lot more in the bag than I thought there would be.
Flat Out Wraps. [not from Costco] These might be my favorite of all! I use them for everything from quesadillas with chicken and beans, to wraps with hummus and chicken, even for healthy pizzas. SO GOOD. Not from Costco sadly, but I picked them up by the deli counter at WalMart.
Anything new and amazing on your grocery list? Happy Friday!
1. What I’m Reading: Finished 2 books this past week- Unlimited by Jillian Michaels (highly recommend) and on the opposite end of the Spectrum- Uganda be Kididng Me by Chelsea Handler. It was a hilarious/quick read. I’d recommend it as a pool read. Just be prepared to laugh out loud. This week I started Anthony Robins- Unlimited Power… so far so good. Kind of hard to “get into”, but really good info nonetheless.
*sidenote- I guess UNLIMITEDis the word of the week.
Into the Gloss- Miranda Kerr’s 7 Rules for Adulthood
She seems so charming! I loved her advise in regards to health and forgiveness. Beautifully said. “Health is wealth” I love that. So true.
And in case you missed it- my IIFYM experiment is underway.
2. What I’m Eating:
Lately I’ve been going crazy for veggies in my eggs in the morning. I start by sauteeing peppers, red onion, and grape tomato. Then I add in 2 eggs + 1 egg white, a cheese stick, sliced up. Badda-bing. Even better with some hot sauce on top. Can’t beat it. AND it’s only abut 230 calories with 23 g protein. BOOM. I love starting the day with some veggies. It’s easier for me to eat enough if I start in the morning and spread them out throughout the day.
3. What I’m listening to: I’m still Stuck on my Lana Del Ray Pandora station.I am loving this song though.
4. What I’m bookmarking:
I love peanut butter. and I LOVE Rice Krispies. These are a must-try. Jasmine is amazing.
5. Looking forward to: The beautiful weekend! My brothers will be visiting soon and I’m so excited. And as much as I don’t ever want summer to end, I am super excited to go back to school in a few weeks!
Happy Weekend 🙂
With this hot weather, I’m craving salads and smoothies (and lots of watermelon). I thought I’d round up a little list of delish looking salads from my Pinterest Board. We are hitting up the first weekend of the Summer Farmer’s Market (!) on Saturday, so I’m excited to put together a salad with some fresh greens.
This little beauty from How Sweet It Is.
Chopped Thai Chicken Salad from Pinch of Yum. Peanut sauce is one of my favorite things on the planet. #yum
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad from Closet Cooking. This flavor combo is right up my alley. So fresh for a light summer lunch.
This beauty makes me want to get a spiralizer ASAP. SkinnyTaste never fails to impress.
And I can’t pass up a watermelon salad 😉 Watermelon & Spinach with feta? Sign me up. Recipe via Cozy Country Living.
Any must-try salads on your weekend menu? (or Pinterest boards?)
In a perfect world I’d have a closet full of Lululemon and every color of Nike frees available…sadly that just isn’t real life. But that doesn’t mean I hit the gym looking frumpy….here are my favorite places for cute (and quality) gym wear.
[1. 2. 3. 4. 5.]
- Target. (Duh.) The C9 by Champion line is surprisingly great quality
- Forever 21. F21 is always great for cheap thrills, but I’m honestly shocked by their workout gear. It’s cheap, colorful, and (again, surprisingly good) quality. What more could you want?
- Aerie by American Eagle. Cute and comfy fabrics. And their sports bras are on sale right now for $15!
- Nordstrom Rack. Sadly they don’t have a website, but they have great brands (Nike, Zella, Adidas, Reebock…) for super cheap. Also, check out their Nike selection in the shoe aisle!
- TjMaxx, Marshalls, Ross…like The rack they have great brands for cheap! You can also find yoga mats, gym bags, etc for a steal.
- Nike Outlet. For some reason the prices on clothes aren’t great at my outlet, but the shoe selection is killer!
(1. 2. 3. 4. )
Where you do like to shop for workout clothes? Any great tips or new finds? Happy weekend and happy shopping!
Currently Working On: Well, I finished my grad school app this past week. It’s all submitted and I’m extremely nervous (but also very excited) about it. I’ve been missing school, and I would love to be a student at the U!
Currently Anticipating: SPRING BREAK! Utah got a little tease with some warm weather this week, and then my family booked a beach house in Santa Barbara for spring break, so I’m looking forward to some warm weather and some beach time with my family!
Currently Listening To: Justin Timberlake Pandora. Currently my favorite workout station (with David Guetta added as variety. Perfection.)
Currently Annoyed By: The rain! I love a good rainy day, but it’s just rude after two gorgeous 60 degree days.
Currently Grateful For: My sweet husband. Can’t get enough of him.
Currently Reading: Blogs blogs blogs. I need to find a good book.
Currently Staying Active: I kept up with my workouts this week…I’m currently 5 for 5 and I’m planning on working out tomorrow too…It feels good after taking some time off while I was sick. Plus, spring break is coming, obviously.
Currently Craving: Brio Tuscan Grill! Our new favorite date night. I think we will be venturing there tomorrow with the nice little gift card the manager gave us on Vday.
Currently Loving: That the snow is melted! Did I mention I’m ready for some warmer weather??
Currently Would Love to Travel To: A nice warm beach!