The best sale of the year is here…the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. A million bloggers are picking their fall faves, but true to form- I’m focusing on the fitness outfits! There are some GREAT finds this year, including multiple pairs of nikes (!) …. check it out!
Happy shopping and have a great weekend!
*some affiliate links used
The pre-workout routine is almost as important as the workout itself. It’s necessary to be fueled properly and ready to go in order to have an efficient workout. Here are my pre-workout essentials.
- Music. I have my playlists loaded on Spotify. Check them out here. Music is a must for busting out a workout! Don’t forget your earbuds and charged phone!
- Pre-workout fuel. My workout time varies, but I always eat first. If it’s super early I’ll have a little fruit, otherwise I will go after breakfast or lunch (depending on the day). I am not one of those people who can workout on an empty stomach!
- Supplements. There are times a pre-workout is needed! I have had success with C4 and the NLA for Her pre-workout. Other reputable supplements can be found here and here.
- Workout. I always have a plan before I enter the gym. I store my strength workouts in the Jefit app. When doing cardio I will decide on intervals vs steady state, inclines, etc. while in the gym, but other than that my workouts are generally planned out. When I first started working out, I’d load workouts straight from bodybuilding.com workout plans, but now I plan them myself. If I’m in a rut, I’ll take ideas from other bloggers or fitness professionals to add some variety.
- Post-workout fuel. Last, if I know I’m going straight from the gym to work or to run errands, I’ll bring a snack to have afterwards. Right now my favorite thing is berries with cottage cheese topped with cinnamon and stevia.
What’s your pre-workout routine?? Anything I’m missing?
I don’t know about you, but I often find myself reminding myself how much stuff I have to do. Assignments, housework, blah blah blahhhhh. But since I’ve started going for long walks around the lake with my pup, my mind feels so much clearer…I throw on my shoes and listen to a podcast and it is SO refreshing. I listen to different podcasts depending on my mood, and it’s such a great way to work on self-improvement/personal development or even just zone out and soak up some vitamin D. Of course I love going hard in the gym, but I am LOVING getting some fresh air and clearing my head in the great outdoors….
And what’s not to love about this view…..
my guys ^^^ 🙂
And now a few podcasts I am loving:
The topics are kind of all over the place, but that means something for everyone 😉 I’m also interested in listening to TED talks this way, but haven’t yet…I’ve only recently gotten into podcasts (started with my Serial obsession a few months back), and I know there are SO many different types. I think it’s such a great way to spend a commute, or even just listen to while driving or walking around town.
Now tell me…what are YOU listening to??
Two shopping posts in one week 😉 If you know a fit chick (doesn’t matter if she loves yoga, zumba, lifing, crossfit, whatever…) she will probably appreciate some new gear. Here are some great options that I would love to see under the tree!
1. Metallic Nike bag
2. Glass Water Bottle
3. Perfect little hoodie for layering
4. because you can never go wrong with stripes
5. a super soft tank
6. a bright pair of leggings
7. Another cute gym bag option
8. a fresh pair of nikes
annnd the lulu jacket she’ll never buy for herself 😉
Happy Christmas Shopping! What is on your list this year??
Happy Workout Wednesday! I definitely go through love/hate phases with cardio, but something I like to incorporate is incline walking. It’s kind of a pain in the ass (literally), but it burns so good. The pyramid workout isn’t a true HIIT (high intensity interval training), but it keeps the heart pumping for sure. Feel free to rest a minute or 2 between the pyramids though, or modify if you’re used to running at a faster pace. 😉 Enjoy!
Happy Workout Wednesday! This is a quick circuit I’ve been adding at the end of my cardio workouts. It burns! You can switch it up with any of your favorite exercises.
Happy Hump Day! I came up with this circuit last week after doing some cardio on the treadmill. It’s great to finish off a workout, or repeat 4-5 times as a complete workout. It will definitely get your heart pumping.
*Swiss Ball pass throughs- start by laying on a mat with swiss ball between legs and arms over-head. Reach up with arms and legs. Grab ball and pull over head. Reach up again, passing ball to legs, returning to stating position. This is one rep.