When most people decide it’s time to make a change to their lifestyle, they feel extremely intimidated/overwhelmed by all of the “must-do” things that are suggested over and over by health gurus/media/women’s magazines, etc. etc. [juicing, #cleaneating, hitting the gym hard everyday, and on and on foreverrrr]. So overwhelmed they just stop.
It’s too bad!! Even little changes can make a big impact, and especially for those who currently aren’t doing much in the health/fitness aspect of life.
SO…if you are trying to get a little more fit, or just want to be even more bad ass then you already are, or just start from scratch, here are a few ideas.
Don’t forget!! If you are trying to adopt a new habit – only do one thing at a time!!
- one 8oz glass of water before your morning cup of coffee (or diet coke)
- a 15 minute walk after dinner
- try 1 new class at the gym
- 5 minutes of meditation (even in your car!!)
- youtube yoga sesh
- walk while you watch your kids play sports
- always drink water with dinner
- try meal prepping 1 item this week
- get up from your desk and walk 2x per day
- invite your co-worker (or child/friend/whoever) for an after lunch walk
- or take a walk with your thoughts
- try a new-to-you walking or hiking path
- pack your lunch 1 extra time this week
- give meal planning a try (or just plan dinners or lunches or snacks)
- swap 1 soda for 1 extra cup of water today
- put in your headphones and go for a walk, jog, run, bike ride! (i LOVE listening to podcasts while walking)
- take your dog for a walk instead of making your kids do it
- if you already walk, take a jog!
- do a 10 minute HIIT/circuit workout
Again…just pick ONE and stick with it for a week or 2. Think about how you felt after, if it’s something you like, brought you happiness, or made you feel better in any way, keep it up! Remember that exercise is for so much more than just losing weight. These days sitting is considered the new smoking so just moving a little more during the day can prevent muscle loss, chronic diseases, and of course- help with weight. Exercise is also great for improving mood, focus, and depression/anxiety. I 110% believe this with my whole heart….give it a try 😉
What small changes have you seen make a great impact in your life?? Tell me about it here, or tweet at me @afitgirlsguide.