Mental health is an important part of overall health…I think we all know that health encompasses SO many aspects of your life, but a lot of time the focus can be on physical health (BMI, blood pressure, what we see in the mirror….) and I am totally guilty of focusing more on the physical part too. But we need to remember to focus on whole health! That includes your mental, social, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. Research has shown that gratitude can do wonders on mental health, and has even shown it may affect physical health. Taking note of a few things you a re grateful for daily is an easy way to help you re-focus and give you a mental little boost at the same time.
A few things I’m grateful for lately…..
- my sweet/supporting/hilarious hubby
- a new haircut (it’s the little things, right?)
- my pup
- SPRING BREAK is NEXT WEEK
- this warmer weather//longer days
- school…I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn more about what I LOVE
- the increase strength I have seen in myself the last couple of months (#gainz)
[new hair//messy home//lulu]
So tell me…what are YOU grateful for? Is writing down your thankful list something you do often? I would love to know…