Monday morning is a great time to take a look at your schedule for the week. Of course there are standing appointments and obligations (work, class, etc.), but it’s good to take a look and see whats coming so you aren’t blind sided by an extra busy day (or 2, or 3…). Now that I’m back in school, I’ve found this to be crucial for keeping track of assignments and tests for the upcoming week.
Here are a few tips I’ve found to help me stay organized:
- Lay it all out- have a weekly (or monthly, like I have) calendar so you can see the week at a glance. I have a huge one on my desk and it makes life 10x easier, and for this I honestly think on paper is better
- Have a separate weekly to-do list. There are daily must-do’s, but a weekly list (divided up) makes it easier to get those extra things done (toilet scrubbing, anyone??)
- For the extra busy days, it helps me to plan meals and pre-prep anything like lunch or on-the-go snacks to have with me
- Utilize your phone calendar/reminders for any unusual appointments, and have a pop-up for 10-15 minutes before (or even an hour), so you can be sure to make it on time
- Keep a weekly/daily calendar with you– This can even be your phone calendar (but it doesn’t work if you don’t enter everything!)
- Realistically decide which days you can get a workout in (you didn’t think I’d talk about scheduling without adding fitness in, did you??) 😉
Here’s to an organized week! Do you have any tried and true organizational tricks?? Happy Monday!