Happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope you will be doing something that involves a BBQ or a bathing suit this weekend. The pools are opening and I’m so excited! [sidenote- when I lived in SoCal, I didn’t realize pools ever closed]
1. What I’m reading: Happier at Home
I loved Gretchen Rubin’s “The Happiness Project”, so I was excited to pick up the second book at the library. So far it’s excellent. Her personality (and writing) just speak to me. I love her ideas on ways to make life happier and more meaningful on the small scale. The topic of improving happiness can be huge and overwhelming (spirituality, meditaion, “simplify”, etc.) so I like reading simple things like cleaning out your closet and getting a new toaster can have a huge impact on day-to-day life. Will report back when I’m finished.
2. What I’m listening to: Girltalk. I just can’t stop. The catchy remixes are perfect for working out!
3. What I’m Eating: Tuna salad! I’ve gone on a tuna kick recently…tuna + mustard+ cottage cheese (or greek yogurt) + boiled egg whites = yum! No pics, because tuna salad isn’t the prettiest, amiright? Also obsessing over the Cellucor Connamon Swirl Protein Powder. I picked it up from Costco, and let me just say- their supplement section is killing it. So good. And a good $10 cheaper than bodybuilding.com, so I call that a win.
4. What I’m Bookmarking: easy lunch recipes! On the tuna salad note- I love throwing together a quick salad at the beginning of the week and portioning it out. I’ve been using Pinterest (naturally) to find some new ideas… how good does this look? Check out my lunch board on Pinterest here.
5. What I’m looking forward to: A long weekend! Cheers to the unofficial beginning of summer!
What are you doing this weekend? Any great lunch recipes?