Who doesn’t love pizza? This is one of my easy go-to meals for rushed weeknights. I based my crust recipe off of this one and made a few alterations.
You will need:
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 C white flour
1 T Italian seasonings
2 t garlic powder
1 C warm water
1 T yeast
1T olive oil
1 T honey
and whatever toppings you’d like
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Put the yeast in the warm water. Add olive oil and honey.
- Combine all dry ingredients. After the yeast has proofed for about 5 minutes, pour the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon (I usually spray mine with pam) after the dough is combined knead for about 5 minutes.
- Let the dough rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, and top with desired toppings! Bake on a hot cookie sheet or pizza stone for 8 minutes. (Tip:I have found that its easiest to roll the dough out on parchment paper or foil, and then place the paper/ foil on the hot cookie sheet- it’s much easier than trying the move the dough itself. )
Some toppings I have used:
low fat cheese
Get creative! Serve with a side salad and you have a filling meal. This recipe makes 2 medium sized pizzas. It usually serves enough for dinner one night and then lunch the next day for my husband and I.